October 03, 2006

Extended time for delayed students

If I, as a business consultant, would recognize that I might miss an important deadline I feel it is very important for those involved to get an early warning. Hence, I would explain to, for example my customer, that I might be delayed and submit an apology as well as an explanation. In worst case they would throw me out and sue me. In best case they would understand and we could solve the situation together in the best interest of all parties involved.

Today the MBA office informed me that "due to lots of obligations and commitments in their professional live not every students met the requirements and did not finish the blogs". I was also asked to extend the deadline. There was at least an explanation, though not a very early warning.

I do understand that many of you have lots of things to do - we all have. But I am prepared to let you work with the assignment until October 31, 2006. Note! This means you have to start blogging right now (and according to the instructions also inform me that you have started).

As a courtesy to those who started in time I will grade their assignment well before the new deadline. As well as take into consideration that they fulfilled their part of our agreement.

Cheers and good luck.

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rille, I think you are more than fair here.
If I said to my clients in the very last moment that I could not do what we agreed for I would definitely lost their trust and we would never do business together again..

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Forty4 said...

Client-customer comparison is out of the question… It hurts, but it's true...

I think that in general we (Poles) work very hard, even harder then other European nations - while we must pursuit the rest of Europe -(my opinion)

But the fact is - that most of us make their own decision about MBA course…

Well...We are very specific in terms of passing exams...I still have some of them in my mind ... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home